Belu's Impactful Partnership with WaterAid
Since our collaboration began in 2011, Belu has committed to giving 100% net profits to WaterAid. These funds are entirely unrestricted so WaterAid can choose where to use them. That means the most urgent and important projects can be prioritised and it’s one of the things that makes our partnership so special. Together we’re working towards SDG’s 6, 12 and 13 and bringing clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere.
Over £5.5M given to support WaterAid projects around the world
1 in 10 people still don’t have clean water to drink and 1 in 4 people don’t have access to a decent toilet. Worldwide 785m do not have clean water close to home.
Every minute a newborn dies from infection caused by a lack of safe water and an unclean environment.
3 billion people don’t have hand washing facilities at home and 77 million working days are spent per year collection water.
The money we give to WaterAid helps fund their work across 27 countries and in turn, people’s lives are transformed because they no longer face diseases caused by poor sanitation and the challenge of having to collect water, often from miles away, every day.
Since 2011, Belu has given WaterAid more than £5.5 million, enough to transform over 330,000 lives worldwide with clean water. You can find out exactly how that is calculated here.
Why Choose Belu?
- Low Carbon Footprint: We pride ourselves on sourcing, bottling, and distributing our mineral water entirely within the UK.
- Ethical Glass: Our bottles, made in the UK, use a minimum of 40% recycled content, and have been specially developed to be lighter in weight and therefore are less intensive to transport.
- Focused on a net zero future: We invest in carbon reduction and circular economy principles and we have a commitment with the SBTI that aligns with the Paris agreement.
- Belu Filter in Action offers hospitality and workplaces a sustainable water solution. Hot & cold, still and sparkling on tap – and no need for single use bottles.
- Partnering with Belu, a social enterprise, can support your sustainability goals too.
Witnessing Change: Belu in Madagascar
In 2017, the Belu team visited Madagascar, witnessing first hand the transformative power of our partnership with WaterAid. From communities in need of waterAid’s help, to those flourishing thanks to the implementation of appropriate water systems, the contrast was startling. Stories from incredible people like Sabine here, who now helps take responsibility for water and sanitation in her village, are what motivates us every day.