Belu is a social enterprise with a purpose: to change the way the world sees water. We bring the right people together at the right time to do the right thing. Together, we can create a more sustainable world and change lives for the better.
We are proud of being a small, hard-working team that punches above its weight and makes the most of technology to stay connected, manage operations, and deliver best-in-class service. We welcome new ideas, networks, ways of thinking, creating and doing.
We are flexible and hybrid-working but make time to regularly get together for team strategy days. Our office is in Borough Yards (London Bridge), to make the most of this, roles are London based but there is no mandated use of the office.
Scroll down for job openings, benefits and more.
Finance Assistant, UK
- Full time or part time role
- Salary: £30,000 plus performance related annual bonus, benefits + study package
- Location: London
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised and detail orientated assistant to join our Finance team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth running of the finance department.
How to apply:
There are two parts to the application –
- Your CV
- A covering letter, explaining why you would like the role and why you think you’re right for it.
Deadline: Friday 16th February 2024.
Please email your application to email@example.com
You will be responsible for:
– Assisting with the preparation of financial statements, reports and analysis, ensuring accuracy and compliance with local tax and accounting regulations
– Balance Sheet reconciliations
– Prepayments and accruals
– Updating and maintaining financial records, including invoices, expenses, and payments including reconciliation of bank accounts.
– Communicating with other departments to ensure financial information is accurate and . Including;
1. Purchase Ledger postings and Sales Ledger reconciliations – preparing and issuing invoices to customers, adjusting invoices where necessary, raising credit notes and managing and actioning the credit control inbox
2. Processing of supplier payments
3. Credit control – producing the weekly debtor reports, answer queries internally and externally and managing overdue invoices
– Answer and resolve queries (either phone, e-mail or written) from suppliers & customers as required
– Assisting with annual audits
– Supporting the finance team with month-end and year-end processes
– Performing ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting as required
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Xero accounting software
– High numerical and analytical skills
Excellent attention to detail
Well-organised with strong attention to detail and time management skills
Good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Aligned with our DNA, https://belu.org/the-dna-of-belu/
Belu began with a simple idea… that there was a better way to do business. That through business, we could do more than make money, we could help solve some of the world’s problems too.
Our mission is to show that a business can deliver an environmentally improved and sustainable offer in the market. We are proud of being a small, hard-working team making a big difference. This is dependent on everyone in the business taking responsibility for our shared success and driving continuous improvement.
Our purpose is fundamental to the way we work and we expect everyone on the team to meaningfully align to this and bring it to life in the work they do day-to-day.
Our theory of change centres on 4 P’s: Purpose, People, Product & Profit
Our why, this is our North Star and dictates how we operate.
Our heartbeat, both internal and external, we take pride in working with the best and inspiring them to join our purpose.
Our what, we sell drinks and filtration machines with environment and people-first principles.
We invest and donate in pursuit of our purpose, changing the way the world sees water in partnership with WaterAid and other stakeholders.
We use this framework to drive our purpose. We believe there is strength in diversity and power in a similarity of spirit and sense of belonging. We want people to bring different ideas, perceptions and ways of working to ensure that we are a great place to work.
We are open minded, enthusiastic and always learning.
We prioritise carefully, investing in activities with the best outcomes.
We are transparent, ethical and not afraid to be different.
What we offer
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including therapies
- Pension with a 5% employer contribution on qualifying earnings
- 28 days holiday a year (excluding public holidays) and we encourage you to use them all up!
- We’ll contribute towards books, training courses and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role here
- Quarterly Belu tonics and mixers delivery
And that's not all
We’re proud to be one of the first 100 businesses to sign Make My Money Matter’s Green Pensions Charter, using the hidden power of pensions to build a healthy world.
We regularly swap the office for events, festivals and conferences across the UK!